Conflict Consortium Re Current Contention in the US (June 4th, 2020)
What is going on in America? We have convened a group of scholars who focus on the police, who focus on protestors and who focus on state-challenger interactions (i.e., contentious politics) to help us figure out what we are seeing, what we are not seeing and what we should be seeing next.
Panelists: - Kanisha Bond (Binghamton) studies Black Lives Matter and Antifa
- Erica Chenoweth (Harvard) studies non-violent direct action globally
- Christian Davenport (Michigan) studies repression and black mobilization in the US and contentious politics globally
- Jennifer Earl (Arizona) studies protest and protest policing in the US
- David Klinger (St. Louis) studies police violence in the US
- Shea Streeter (Michigan) studies police-violence specific protest in the US